Monday 30 September 2013

WISEST THING.



In an S.S.S 3 mathematics class, the teacher was taking a topic that the students find rather too hard. After enduring the torture for while John raised up his hand to ask a question, the teacher permitted him to speak.

JOHN: “Sir, the topic is very difficult, I don’t understand it at all, please sir is it part of our syllabus?’

TEACHER:”Actually, John, it is not, but it is a topic that you will encounter in the university, it will be an advantage for you then if you know it now”.

JOHN: “In that case sir, then you can count me out because I have no intention of going to a university, not now.”

TEACHER: “Why!, John you are a very brilliant and promising lad, that is not a wise decision to take”

JOHN: “Sir, am sorry, for me it in fact the wisest thing, considering the prevailing reality”.

TEACHER: “How do you mean?”

JOHN: “Thank you sir, you see I came this far in order to know how to read, write, calculate, communicate, and interact with people. After my WAEC, I will go to my uncle in Ladipo Market to learn the auto spare parts business for two years, from there I will proceed to learn about tokunbo vehicles trade, in four years time I will have my own spare parts shop and also be able to buy and sell a few cars, in about six years I will be fully established to some extent. By then l will be able to employ graduates to manage and grow my business for me, while I go to school with comfort and leisure without the stress of JAMB, enrol for a simple degree and master program possibly on on-line or Open University, go for P.HD if I like. So give or take in say 12-15 years from today, I will be a successful auto dealer, employing even my classmates. And also an educated elite.”

0 comments: